Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

static

Every flipping time i use flipping itunes there is flipping static when i try to listen to music this is flipping annoying and you should ******* FIX IT APPLE YOU DIP *****, I touched and changed nothing.

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 6:27 PM in response to Lankey96

First of all, you're not talking to Apple - this is a users' forum. You can use Apple's support pageto request assistance from Apple's helpdesk, or their feedback pageto submit issues to their development teams.

You don't mention which version of iTunes you are using. Many users reported the problems you describe with the 64-bit version of iTunes 12.1.0.71 - Apple released an update (12.1.1.4) just over a week ago which has fixed this for many users. If you're still on 12.1.0.71 (Help > About will show exactly which version you have installed) I'd suggest updating to 12.1.1.4 and see if that fixes the issue.

If you're running this latest version, there are several possible remedies - unfortunately there does not seem to be a "universal fix" for this ... those listed below have, however, all been reported as being successful by some users:

• Try changing the Play Audio Using setting in Edit > Preferences > Playback (you'll need to restart iTunes for changes to take effect). Setting this to "Direct Sound" has been effective in the majority of cases, though there have been some reports that the "Windows Audio Session" selection also works - seems to be dependent on the details of your audio hardware and drivers.
  • Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime (7.76) installed - this primarily seems to address issues with Bluetooth audio output.
  • There is an alternative installer available here: iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) - the label is something of a misnomer as (like most previous "64-bit" versions of iTunes) this is a 32-bit application with a 64-bit installer. Installing this version may overcome possible conflicts/incompatibilities between the standard 64-bit version of iTunes and some 64-bit Windows systems.

Finally, if you have any issues with installing either the standard or "for older video cards" version, see turingtest2's notes on Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - this provides guidance on uninstalling all of iTunes' components in order to achieve a "clean" installation, as well as links to the initial iTunes 12 release (12.0.1.26) should none of the 12.1 versions resolve your issue.

static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.