Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download all purchased music at once?

I'm using iTunes version 12.1.1.4 on Windows 8.1. After hours of trying to figure this out, there is seemingly no simple or convenient way to download all my purchased music with a single click. The "Download All" button in the bottom right of my purchases window will only download what is selected in the left pane, and I cannot find a way to select everything at once.

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:07 PM

9 replies

Mar 1, 2015 9:57 PM in response to nss01

OK, another option you can try is to select "Store" from the top menu and then click on Check for Available Downloads in the dropdown. This should cause all of your purchases that are not currently downloaded to download to your computer.

Here is the Apple Support article for downloading past purchases in iTunes 12 for Windows. In the first set of instructions, it indicates that you should have the ability to select both the "Not in My Library" option as well as the Songs or Albums option:

iTunes 12 for Windows: Download previous purchases from the iTunes Store

Cheers,

GB

Mar 1, 2015 6:33 AM in response to gail from maine

This does not work. When I open the Purchases window, all the artists of songs/albums that I own are in a list on the left of the screen. The first artist in the list alphabetically is selected when I first open Purchases, and I cannot deselect them or select all. If I click "Download All," it will only download the songs for that artist.

Mar 1, 2015 5:15 PM in response to gail from maine

As I said, I am using version 12.1.1.4. I see no option for selecting "all songs" or "all albums," as you can see in the below image.User uploaded file

The list of artists is in the "J's" because I've been steadily doing this manually artist by artist when I have the time. I am not scrolled halfway down the list or anything like that. That is the top of the list as it appears when I open Purchased.

Mar 1, 2015 5:18 PM in response to nss01

For what it's worth, when I first tried to download my library to this computer, there was an option to select "All Songs/Albums." That option DID NOT download all my songs/albums, only about a third of them. The other two thirds of my songs are still in the cloud, and I've had no way to download them all at once, per my original question.

How do I download all purchased music at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.