Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIDI sends signal with no reason

Hi to everybody,

i just bought an audio interface, ZOOM TAC-2R.

My issue is that when I open Logic pro x, the interface sends midi signals all the time with no reason.

When I close logic and open Ableton Live, everything is ok.

The think is that the interface's manual said that if i use the "MIDI Reserved Port", the interface will stop functioning properly.

I can't find anything like this button or name in Logic to change it.

But in ableton I can.

So my question is, Does anyone know where i can find this MIDI setting, and tell logic not to use this port?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:11 PM

8 replies

Mar 1, 2015 4:05 PM in response to EcoGreg

Hi Greg, thanx for the reply,

Yes i've tried that but couldn't find this "Reserved Port" of my interface, to turn it off.
I've uploaded the image of the Ableton live settings, to make you see that ableton give me the permission to do that. To turn off the "Reserved Port"
I can't find this settings in logic. And i've been searching for 3 days.

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2015 5:00 PM in response to Lef Mak

Ok, I'm on Logic 9 and staying there for the time being.

The problem is, Logic detects all MIDI Input ports and sums them to one ganged input stream.

In Logic 9 (and Logic X too) you can use the environment to rewire things. However, there may be an easier way in Logic X.

Here is the Click & Ports Environment page, in the first graphic all of the MIDI Inputs are using the summed ouput.

In the second graphic, I've selected the summed cable and deleted it, then dragged a cable from the ports I wanted to use the the left side of the Keyboard graphic input.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 2, 2015 3:12 AM in response to Pancenter

Hi Pancenter!

Well, i did what you told me, and indeed as you can see in the photo i send you, in the purple area the signals stopped.That's good.

But When i pressed Cmd + L then as you can see in the yellow area it keeps sending signals. Of course i changed the input but automatically

logic turned into the "Reserved Port".
You've got any idea about that?User uploaded file

Mar 2, 2015 9:32 AM in response to Lef Mak

Couple of things... in the graphic, your cable needs to be attached directly to the MIDI I/O Port which looks like it's the third cable attachment from the top, you have it attached to the 5th.

Delete the Logic 10 preferences file AND the shared control surfaces file.

With Logic not running.
In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (Note: type is exactly as written ~/Library/Preferences (with no spaces on either side)
Press the Go button.
Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro.
then delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

Be sure and delete both files, they will be rebuilt when Logic starts. You will have to reset a few preferences.

You should also recheck Audio MIDI Setup, there may be a way to disable the reserved port there, not sure how it's used so it may affect the Zoom's performance.

Mar 2, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Pancenter

Well,

I did everything you said, with the third attachment, and send it directly to the MIDI I/O, and also erase these two files,

And nothing different happened. I'm sending you a photo to see that, i also erase all the cables for no communication, but still nothing. The signal keeps coming everythime.I really don't know the reason.Last but not least, as you can see in the Audio MIDI Setup it don't give me the permission to change anything in my ZOOM interface.I can only see it, not erase the port, or everything. Actually I can only change the name of the Audio Interface.

I don't what else do. It's unacceptable to erase all the cables, and still the MIDI signal is alive!

User uploaded file

MIDI sends signal with no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.