Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't login on my Mac I am the administrator. Other users can log in.

I Can not login to my mac desktop. I am the administrator. Other user can log in

iMac, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:19 PM

7 replies

Feb 28, 2015 8:56 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I Have not logged in for a couple weeks due to the fact I was out of town. When I did log in it was very slow and a window popped up from mac keeper wanting me to give my password. I clicked out of that. Computer continued to run slow so I restarted it. After it restarted I then could not log into my account. I tried other users and they could.

Mar 1, 2015 8:19 AM in response to izzyandlane

You might also want to take a look at this article:

http://applehelpwriter.com/2011/09/21/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-malware/

These are instructions on how to remove the app MacKeeper if you have it in your Applications folder; you may or may not also have adware installed - in which case you can run the other app to get rid of it (it will not get rid of the MacKeeper application itself though if you have it) and/or it's adware simply advertising MacKeeper. If you do not wish to download that app, here are manual instructions from Apple on how to get rid of adware:

Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

I can't login on my Mac I am the administrator. Other users can log in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.