Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having trouble installing and IPad is frozen

Why can't I install my Ipad...keeps saying cant be found? My Ipad is frozen on a recovery screen I think?

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:22 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 6:55 AM in response to Naya05

Hi Naya05,

If you still haven't been able to restore your iOS using iTunes because the iPad appears to be unresponsive, I would start updating iTunes if you haven't already, and try again.

Update to the latest version of iTunes

1. Open iTunes
  2. From the menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can find this option in the Advanced menu. Learn how to show the menu bar.
  3. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.

If you don't have iTunes installed on your computer, download it here.

Get more information about how to install and update iTunes and troubleshooting assistance.

If you are not prompted to install a new version of iTunes, you already have the latest version your operating system can support. See the System Requirements on the iTunes download page.

If it persists, then reset your iPad and then do the restore again:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

having trouble installing and IPad is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.