Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alphabetize playlist

playlists now seem to be in any order????

iPad, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:28 PM

10 replies

Mar 1, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Chris CA

Chris...I should have been more specific......I want the playlist list to the far left where I see.....Music--Music Videos.....Devices.....Playlists.

That list used to be in 1 order ....now it is 2 different alphabetized orders.....The same playlist I always had just split. I had tried your suggestion but that only changes the big window .....

Thanks in advance

Dec 20, 2015 12:28 PM in response to greenlake

It used to be that when I created a new playlist folder it would automatically be placed in alphabetical order within the folder I created it. Now it just is placed at the bottom of the folder, which I find frustrating. How do I get my my iTunes playlist folders to be alphabetized, as what once was the default? I can't drag them into the order I want, either...

Here is an image of the problem. I just created a folder for Phil Ochs and it was placed at the bottom of my "O" folder. I want it to be placed in its proper alphabetical place.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

User uploaded file

Dec 22, 2015 4:41 AM in response to greenlake

anakelea, I'm right there with you -- I can't figure out how to get the playlists to alphabetize either and would *really* love to know. It'd be fine that they don't automatically get inserted alphabetically upon creation IF we could then go and shift it to the correct place manually, but I can't figure out how to do even that...

Dec 30, 2015 2:12 AM in response to Carol F

I found another problem which can lead to constantly changing order, every time you click on a playlist inside a folder. It all seems to depend on the view you choose (from the dropdown on the top, far right, directly under the search box).

You can choose things like Playlist, etc, but one of them, if inside a folder, should be the name of the folder it is in. If you choose that view, every time you click on that playlist, unless it is already at the bottom, it will jump to the bottom. Sure, you can quit iTunes and restart, but the problem will just repeat. The only "solution" I've come up with so far is to never choose that view - which, unfortunately, I liked!

alphabetize playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.