Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to backup to iCloud with storage available

i have an iPhone 5. Have been receiving a message for some weeks that backup is not possible due to lack of storage. I don't wish to purchase storage. Today I deleted photos and excluded unused apps from iCloud to free up storage. Phone shows 5G of space is available but still can't backup. Help please. Also, how do you permanently delete unwanted apps from the phone and icloud?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:44 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 9:25 PM in response to Seekinghelp123

I have the same problem. I DID upgrade to 20 gigs of iCloud space, with 18 gigs free, but still, my attempts to backup fail repeatedly. I was on another thread where 5,325 other people had viewed the thread. Sounds like we're not the only ones with this problem, although the only solutions I saw on the other thread were "Log out and log back in" and "Back up your contacts to your desktop, then restore your phone to its original condition." Deleting all my apps seems like an absurd way to get iCloud to work, and I'm sure it wasn't the way iCloud techs intended. That said, however, no iCloud techs are weighing in on this problem. Hopefully, someone with experience might reply here. I'm just another victim of iCloud-No-Worky.

Feb 28, 2015 10:12 PM in response to doncobb55

So now I've upgraded to 200 gigs of iCloud storage. And now I'm digging through my daughter's iPhone, the one I'm trying to backup, and it's full of videos she's made, songs she's written, all of her creative stuff. Yes, "full"...the phone is full now. No space. And since the backups keep failing, I have no backups of this content. So what, I have to delete it now? Is that what I need to do in order for this thing to work? Why won't iCloud back up her phone? It backs up MY other iPhone. Dang, and I thought PC's and Androids had the most problems.

Unable to backup to iCloud with storage available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.