Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus brightness issue

hi

my iphone 6+ auto change brightness when I play a game, auto-brightness is off.

Display become darker after 3-5 min comes back with 100% brightness.

should I get a new phone, or the problem is in software (wait next update )

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:10 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 6:47 AM in response to meshkoff

Hello there meshkoff,

It sounds like you have the auto brightness off, but it seems to keep going to a black screen on its own when you are playing a game on your iPhone 6. Lets troubleshoot the software side of things, starting by quitting the Settings app:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Mar 4, 2015 2:44 PM in response to meshkoff

Thanks for the update! If the issue is to do with the hardware on the phone, a software update is unlikely to resolve it. I see in your reply that you have restored from a backup, and the issue persisted. I would highly recommend that you test the issue with one last restore but this time set it up as new to see if it happens on a fresh install with nothing else added using the article I provided:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it works there, then the issue is to do with the backup itself and you will need to set up the phone again like it were new.

If it doesn't though, then I would recommend restoring your backup and then seeking service for your phone with this link:

iPhone Repair and Service

iPhone 6 plus brightness issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.