Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I DVD

IDVD ONLY SHOWS 7.7 GB ON DUAL LAYER DISK BUT IT IS 8.8 GB HOW DO WE CORRECT THIS SITUATION??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:03 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 8:25 AM in response to KEOJK

iDVD doesn't care about size/capacity of the DVD disk. It's only concern is the total playing time of all the media including menus.

A single layer DVD-R can hold up to 120 minutes of total playing time.

A double layer DVD-R can hole up to 240 minutes.

Also where are you seeing this 7.8. GB? If it via the Finder for an empty DVD-DL?

Note: using all caps is tantamount to shouting in forums and is harder to read. Please kuser lower case and sentences with correct punctuation.

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2015 12:05 PM in response to Old Toad

Sorry about upper case letters I'm an old **** new to this forum stuff. Ok ,the project is 147 min. When I try to burn disk I get message "content exceeds max content change encoder ,this is where I see7.7gb will not let me continue if I change encoder it runs for about 10hrs.and only records 20min.of project.Thank you for your attention!! I'm not used to getting sensible answers.

Mar 1, 2015 1:10 PM in response to KEOJK

Go to the Project ➙ Project Info menu option

User uploaded file

and in the Project Info window select Double-Layer in the DVD Type menu.

User uploaded file

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

I DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.