Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

second ipod audio jack ruined?

I recently bought a new iPod because on my last one the audio jack was messed up and I would only get sound out of one side. At first I thought it was the headphones but I've tried different ones and the same thing happens. So on this new after the second day my audio jack messes up but this time instead of getting sound out of just one side I get a really distorted sound and you can't even make out the music that is playing. This is really frustrating. I just bought a new iPod and the same thing happens. I don't know if this makes any sense but maybe the AUX cord in my car is ruining it or maybe the AUX cord that I use at work.

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 2:09 AM in response to Christian31Eagles

- Since you said " maybe the AUX cord in my car is ruining it or maybe the AUX cord that I use at work.". I suspect one of those is the cause. Have you closely inspected them and compared the plug with an Apple headphone plug?

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Bring the suspect cables as well as the iPod

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

second ipod audio jack ruined?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.