Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LifeProof Case for iPhone 6 Issues

Hello Hello,

How is it going fellow Apple heads?

My wife bought an iPhone 6 around Jan this year. As I know she is accident prone, especially with liquid damage, I opted for the LifeProof Fre case.

Had this on her iPhone 5 and she destroyed it but at least it did not get liquid damaged while the seals were intact.

Were has had a few accidents with this new phone already. My nearest wall already has wear marks where I keep banging my head against it. She hands me the phone this afternoon and said the screen's not working after another accident. I take the case off and found liquid did get inside. Quickly dried the phone and it seems ok, did not get in the phone as far as I can tell.

When i washed the case off I found the thin membrane that is glued on the side of the case to allow Touch ID functionality has come unglued and that is my bet how the liquid got to the phone.

Phew, long story, huh? I guess I am asking if anyone out there has come across the issue as well. Like to hear from you.

Fare well Apple lovers,

J

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, LifeProof Fre Case

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:16 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Jessej78

The thin membrane over the fingerprint scanner is the biggest drawback for me on the Lifeproof cases. It can come off easily. Lifeproof does offer a 1 year replacement warranty on their cases though. I actually just filled out the forms last week for an unrelated issue and they are sending me a brand new Fre case for my iPhone 6 at absolutely no charge. I would recommend doing that. You can find the form on their website.

LifeProof Case for iPhone 6 Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.