Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey mende1....Thanks.....do you give advice as well

Thanks for the Windows install info.

To push an acquaintance-ship.............Can you recommend a keyboard for both Windows and OS? Had to send back the Luma keyboard I bought. Won't open the CD tray from Windows and the back lighting is poor.

If I'm outta line just ignore this.............just from your profile you look the THE GUY for Bootcamp information

Thanks again for the other.

Mac Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:22 PM

I am not a keyboard expert, but I suppose that any keyboard you can get will work properly with both Windows and OS X. Anyway, you should wait for a different user that gives you a better advice for you.

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 11:27 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your reply T Loner.

Unfortunately there is not a keyboard that I have ever had that I dislike more than the Apple keyboard. I use a wired one now (only to open the CD tray) I chose this when I bought the new computer because Apple doesn't have a numpad on the USB version and I need that on stage,

My problem is I need something that is usable in Windows, as I run Bootcamp. It is far better for me to use my old Windows keyboard in my Mac partition than to try and use the Apple keyboard in Windows.

I was just trying to see if anyone here had come across such a beastie.

Thanks for your input though mate.

Hey mende1....Thanks.....do you give advice as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.