Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I was using whatsapp on my iPhone5.I was not able go to the main menu by pressing the center button so I hold on to the button for 2 seconds.Then the whole display turned out to be black

I was not able go to the main menu from whatsapp by pressing the center button so I hold on to the button for 2 seconds.Then the whole display turned out to be black & white. how can i fix it?

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 7:11 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 7:15 AM in response to monicaa003

Hello monicaa003,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your iPhone display turned black and white after holding down the Home button for 2 seconds, first try pressing the Home button again to go to the main menu (Home screen.)

For reference, holding down the Home button for 2 seconds will trigger Siri if that feature is enabled:

About Siri - Apple Support

If pressing the Home button doesn't return you to the main menu, try restarting or resetting your iPhone:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Additionally, if Whatsapp is not responding or working as expected, see the troubleshooting steps at this link:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Hi I was using whatsapp on my iPhone5.I was not able go to the main menu by pressing the center button so I hold on to the button for 2 seconds.Then the whole display turned out to be black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.