Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 corner of screen popped out

So, my iPhone 6's front top left corner of the screen appears to have "popped out" (Best way to phrase it)... I don't know whether I should go to the geniuses or try to pop it back myself... It appears to have popped out of the hook inside the phone, and if i jam it a little i can put it back in, but I'm afraid that it'll crack the screen. What should I do?User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:54 PM

17 replies

Dec 9, 2017 3:09 PM in response to leesanity7

Same I'm way too scared to pop it back my self but i've been kind of pushing my phone backwards where it is popped out and its working fine but its very hard to text. I've found that out the hard way and sometimes when I push it backwards it wont work and im scared to push it further backwards thinking that it will pop out the bottom screen. But the top right of my phone has that too and it wont let me swipe my screen. I was planning to trade it in and then get a Samsung Note 8 but I havent gone to the store to see how much it was worth. If its under $100 i dont think theres even a point to do that anyways.

Mar 21, 2015 1:36 PM in response to sberman

I am also facing similar issue on my iPhone 6 16GB in the lower right portion. It does't look that bad but the definite click sound and small screen movement is there. It is persistent and very easy to reproduce.

Will go to store on Monday to get it checked. Can anyone tell me what is the replacement policy of Apple in India ? I mean do they give new phones or refurbished phones as replacement ?

Mar 21, 2015 1:59 PM in response to sk_india

If you bought the phone in India and they decide the fault lies with Apple, they will replace it. A refurbished iPhone cannot be distinguished from a new iPhone. If the iPhone was purchased from another country (which seems to be extremely common for all problems posted from India on these forums) you have no warranty cover.

Mar 21, 2015 2:21 PM in response to sk_india

sk_india wrote:

This is purchased from India only with proper warranty. The phone is 1 month old. Actually I did go to Apple store today but they said they will be taking the screen out and will try to fit it again (on Monday only). If it fails, they will replace it.

So you have your answer. Why are you then asking the question in the first place?

Mar 21, 2015 2:40 PM in response to sk_india

sk_india wrote:

I am not sure about the number of people having this issue, but has Apple officially made any statement on this ?

No. No quality control is 100% perfect. There is always a chance that even days old hardware will fail. That is what the warranty is for. You have availed yourself of the warranty and Apple has already told you they will fix the problem. There is nothing more to do here but wait until the problem is resolved.

Mar 21, 2015 2:50 PM in response to sk_india

Well, look at it this way: you got an ultra brand new, spanking, shining, spit polished iPhone, and it went bad. You will now be getting a working (maybe refurbished phone) which will have been throughly tested, (probably more than a new one) and hopefully it won't fail. If it does fail again, Apple will again replace it as long as the warranty is valid.

iPhone 6 corner of screen popped out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.