Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i get all of the new music I loaded into iTunes onto my iPod without deleting the content that is already on it?

I just loaded a bunch of music from my CD library into iTunes in the hopes of loading it onto my iPod. The problem is now I can't figure out how to do it. Two issues... First it says that if I synch it will delete what is already on my iPod which I absolutely do not want. Second, is there a way to load each of the albums without having to create a play list?

Ugh... Always a frustrating experience trying to deal with iTunes.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:43 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 9:03 PM in response to acoleman772

You can only sync your device to one iTunes library at a time. You can either copy the music from the library on your other computer to the one you have loaded the new CDs onto, or you can purchase an external CD Drive and load them to the iTunes library you are currently sync'd with:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://store.apple.com/us/search/External-CD-DVD---SuperDrive

For syncing, I am not familiar with the drag and drop method. I have always used the normal sync process:

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

iTunes 12 for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Cheers,

GB

How can i get all of the new music I loaded into iTunes onto my iPod without deleting the content that is already on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.