Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Devices attached by USB 3.0 hub keep disconnecting ?

I tried to connect my 6 HDD (some portable, some powered) to my MBP via a powered USB 3.0 hub (mbeat 7 Port USB 3.0 Powered Hub with Switches - has 4 x USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0 ports). The attached devices disconnect intermittently, some reappear, some don't. If I ONLY connect devices via the USB 2.0 ports, the devices seem to stay attached and operate as per expectation. I work with a lot of video in 'real time' so this is a real issue for me.

I am also having a similar issue with another (no-name) 4-port powered USB 3.0 Hub.

I have read some old posts that suggest that there has been historical issues with MBP USB 3.0 ports when connecting devices via USB 3.0 hubs, but I would have hoped these issues would have been addressed by now.

1) Can anyone suggest a powered USB 3.0 hub, that is guaranteed to work with the MBP ?

2) Should I only use USB 2.0 hubs if I want to ensure a stable system ?

my system;

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 (14C109)

2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

2 x 3.0 ports

really appreciate any help here :-)

Peter

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 12:12 AM

2 replies

Devices attached by USB 3.0 hub keep disconnecting ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.