Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to update whatsapp as it keeps asking me to enter password of my old apple id.

I am not able to update whatsapp as it keeps asking me to enter password of my old apple id.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2017 2:11 AM

I am constantly asked for my old iCloud password on my whatsapp to update n I don't no the password it's my sons old account

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 3:58 AM in response to sonammedtour

By 'old account' do you mean that you are now using a new account, or that you've updated the primary email address on the account and you are being asked for the old version's password ?

If the former then you should be asked for the password of the account that you used to download the app - all content from the store is tied to the account that downloaded it.

If you can't remember the account's password then you can get it reset : http://iforgot.apple.com

If you've updated the primary email address then try tapping on your at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app and log out and then log back in with the updated version of the account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.