Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Buy Book button is grayed out. The Print and Order Prints are shaded. HELP!

I just finished creating my first iPhoto book.

But I realised that I am unable to order it.

I click the buy button and no response.

Also noted Print and Order Prints are shaded and cannot be selected.

I check my Apple ID and updated address etc etc but this did not help!

Really need help on this. Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:43 AM

5 replies

Dec 4, 2017 12:48 PM in response to ccly

Hi, this problem got me freaked out!

May be you should try again changing / updating your account information (address etc.). I do not know how, but this finally worked for me. Eventually I got a dialogue telling me that my address was not correct - showing me two versions of my address: the "wrong one" and one suggested by the system. To me there were identical! I choose the suggested version. That did it obviously!

Good luck!

Matthias

Mar 1, 2015 2:50 AM in response to ccly

Which version of iPhoto are you using? You need iPhoto 8.x.x oor later to order print products.

And you need to be in a country, that supports Apple Print Services. Print Products are only supported in the countries you are seeing in the drop down list of countries in "iPhoto Preferences > Advanced >Print Products Store" in iPhoto `11:

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2015 3:01 AM in response to léonie

Added:

If none of the above applies, there are several possible reasons, that the "Buy Book" button may not respond. It can happen, if another iPhoto dialog is still waiting for a response, for example the "Print" dialog. With an open Print window in iPhoto, no button will react a all. And if another window is occluding the dialog window, iPhoto may seem to be unresponsive. First try, if quitting iPhoto and restarting the mac will solve the problem.

The Buy Book button is grayed out. The Print and Order Prints are shaded. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.