Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preparing time machine for 15 hours?

I uses two external hard drives to backup my MBP 2011 running OS X 10.10.2 with 500GB hard drive by Time Machine.

I was traveling for 2 weeks with my MBP and ONE external hard drive with 500GB for backup and it was fine on my way. Upon returning home, I used the other external hard drive with 1TB to backup and it was running fine for one day. Then, However I mounted the 500GB hard drive to my MBP for backup purpose, it began "preparing time machine" for more than 12 hours until my MBP idle done. I restarted with 2 external drives mounting and this time it is the 500GB hard drive running "preparing time machine" for more than 15 hours.

I still let it run while monitoring "backupd" reading Bytes up to 71.27 GB and keep on reading....not sure whether I should keep on waiting or try something alternative?

Randy

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:19 AM

This may help:

http://pondini.org/TM/D1.html

Ciao.

4 replies

preparing time machine for 15 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.