Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my macbook break? (with video)

Greetings folks. I'm trying to figure out why my macbook broke after 6 years. Basically it turns on and something is wrong with the display then it just turns off slowly. This video from youtube shows how it is broken.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ib9GR8rMg . Thank you.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:55 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Macciezw

Hi Macciezw,

It seems your MacBook is struggling to boot up. The video was helpful, great idea. You may want to consider performing a PRAM reset. I have linked to an article which explains how to perform the reset:

OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

You may also want to consider safe booting the computer.

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities

Take care,

Bobby_D

Mar 3, 2015 7:50 AM in response to Macciezw

So I got to the recovery mode, where it gave me some options (restore from time machine, reinstall OSX, go online to get help & go to disk utility) while the backlight was off. I tried to select one of the options & it does not let me; pressing return to select. I'm not sure what to do. I think that getting to the recovery screen means the computer might be repairable with the help of a apple store. That being said, maybe I will go to a apple store in the future but I am not going to now. Thank you for your help bobby & ginger.

Why did my macbook break? (with video)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.