Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 devices - 1 icloud account issues; importing data to Iphone 6

I have an Iphone 4G and ipad which was sharing 1 icloud account . Big mistake! Because, the storage space was insufficient for both devices' data, I stopped backing up any more data into the icloud. Now I bought a new Iphone 6 and am wondering how I am to sync all my data ( including all the photos and contacts and apps) across from the Iphone 4G to the Iphone 6 .

Also, since I originally have 2 devices, can I create another icloud account separate for 4G now and then use that to sync my data across to the new Iphone 6?

Otherwise I find it impossible to start using my iphone 6 at all!

Thank you for any advice.

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 12:00 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 8:21 AM in response to fromsouth

Thank you for your reply.

My concern is that I do not want the data ( except for emails) which is in Ipad to be synced over to the new iphone which I made the mistake of doing before with Iphone 4. The 2 devices are used for very different purposes so I would like to have 2 separate accounts for each device. My problem is trying to import only data from the iphone 4G to the new Iphone ,whereas since previously I only set up 1 icloud account for both devices, the data ( eg photos, songs , books and apps ) appeared on both devices. I am trying to deviate from this. so in essence., I am hoping to set up a totally new account for the new iphone but to copy data from iphone 4 across.

Or should I buy extra storage for a month just for the purpose of backing up all data from both ipad and iphone 4 into that particular icloud account, then set up a new icloud account for iphone 6 and copy everything across and then delete data that came from the ipad one by one in the iphone 6 . After all, the new iphone 6 has 64 gb. In that way, I can still maintain the icloud account for ipad ( and then delete all the unnecessary data from iphone 4 in that particular icloud account) and have a separate icloud account for the new Iphone 6 as well.

Would really appreciate some feedback . TQ.

2 devices - 1 icloud account issues; importing data to Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.