Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have uninstalled Garageband due to problems. Now it seems I have to pay for it.

I've had some problems with Garageband when I tried to download extra content. I called Apple Support about a week ago and he said that one solution might be to uninstall Garageband and then reinstall in from Mac App Store.

I've now unnstalled Garageband. To download and install it again it seems I now have to pay for it. I've had my iMac since the end of December last year and it came preinstalled with Garageband. Apple Support is closed today because it's Sunday.

It's not a huge amount but I wonder if this is right?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Garageband

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:51 PM

Done this? Alerts may occur when accepting bundled applications from the Mac App Store - Apple Support (Steps 1 - 4 in particular.)

3 replies

I have uninstalled Garageband due to problems. Now it seems I have to pay for it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.