Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playing eve online on Yosemite?

i have an iMac running Yosemite but when playing eve online i keep having graphics problems.

(i don't have any flying control .)

i can't seem to be able to play as they only approve mavericks!

as you can tell, it is mostly a pc game.

i dont understand graphics at all, so i can't help.

their games masters don't seem to be able to either.

(they suggested that it may be graphics, anyway)

i have reinstalled Yosemite and eve with no improvement.

any help or suggestions welcome

greg

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), mountain lion

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:53 AM

9 replies

Mar 2, 2015 2:40 PM in response to greg Fripp

o7 Fellow Capsuleer. As a fellow Eve player, I'll see if I can help you out.

What year model is your iMac? (e.g. Mine is Late 2013, you can find it when you click the Apple Icon in the top left and go "About this mac".

What graphics problem are you having exactly? What are you trying to do in game if it loads, and how does it act. Are you able to post a screenshot/photo of it?

I'm running Eve with no issues on Yosemite (10.10.2).

Mar 3, 2015 2:19 AM in response to egadgetjnr

mine is a 2013 model like yours

my problems are that

my controls have vanished!

so i can't play

and i can't get in to forums either

so i couldn't even ask fellow players either !

i am now in the process of reinstalling mavericks on part of my hd

which i hope will help

i wish i could use 10.2....

i will send a copy of my prob when i can...

thank you VERY much for replying

greg

Mar 3, 2015 2:44 AM in response to greg Fripp

Hey greg.

I'm assuming by ship controls, you mean the part of your HUD where you have your modules, capacitor, etc?

What do you see on your eve screen when you log in? I'm assuming you're seeing the Character screen fine, or is it maybe off centre?

Once you go past the Character Selection screen, do you have any windows open (i.e. Chat windows, asset items window, etc) that might be blocking your hud?

Mar 3, 2015 3:08 AM in response to greg Fripp

I might be able to help you out so you don't need to do that... I'm willing to try if you are?

Ok, So, My suggestion would be to Open up Eve (after down time finishes in about 10-15 mins) and log in as per normal...

Once you have logged in and selected your character, press ESC, and then select "Shortcuts" from the options menu. Go to the "General" tab, and scroll to where you see "Toggle User Interface visibility" (roughly 4th from the bottom. Take note of that shortcut key, or set it to something like '=' for example. Apply the settings and go back to your where you were and try pressing the key you either bound or it was set to.

See how that goes. 🙂

Mar 3, 2015 3:26 AM in response to greg Fripp

Now that it's back up, I just checked the menu to make sure I wasn't leading you astray and that was all correct 🙂

I have my key set to the backslash key '\' and it hasn't caused any issues. You should be safe with that.

I've been playing for about 7 to 8 years now, on and off.

Once you get into eve, send an eve-mail to Empress Rinah (it's a throw-away character, but I'll get it 🙂) and I'll be more than happy to help you in-game too. 🙂

Let me know how you go.

playing eve online on Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.