Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can swipe to insert my password, and also to open an app. example gmail. once the app is open i cannot swipe or tap on the screen

i can swipe to enter my password on my ipad, and open any icon. however once in an app example gmail. i cannot swipe up or down or tap to open a mail. i tried to go into the settings to see if i had somehow locked the swipe function but cannot open the settings.

iPad Air

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:01 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 8:51 AM in response to lesleybean2014

Hey lesleybean2014,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there’s an issue with specific 3rd-party apps not responding on your iPad Air. The article below provides troubleshooting suggestions that’ll resolve most issues related to apps not behaving as expected on iOS devices.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

i can swipe to insert my password, and also to open an app. example gmail. once the app is open i cannot swipe or tap on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.