Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac publish itselfs 2 times after crash! How solve this?

Hello

We have a couple of iMac. All have only 1 Administrator Account, the users access their homefolders on the server.

After a crash we have one problem with bonjour.

1) The Computer publish itself in the network with its normal name "BackOffice 1"

2) Wenn we scan with Apple Remote Desktop or look in the side bar we find a Second Computer with the same MAC-Adress; "BackOffice 1 (2)

Ferther we find that iChat publish itselfs with the Name of the Crashed User even If we only login as administrator.

I think the second Name will be caused by the Bonjour Services of iChat

How can we kill all this bonjour services to have a clean computer again! I have no idea in which library this Chat Entries are stored

Regards

Gérard

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), OS X Server 3.2.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:14 AM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Linc Davis

renaming is not possible. WGM handles this. I delete the bind to the OpenDirectory but after the reboot the Sharing preferences to change the name is gray out.

I am shure it is another problem occurred by the bonjour services within ichat! I must be in some of the cache libraries and wasn't delete after the crash. I need to kill this but I do not know where to find it!

Gérard

Mar 1, 2015 4:20 PM in response to Linc Davis

No profiles

We do not work with the Profilemanager at all! We only use WGM. We have unbind the OD connection to the server but after a restart it doesn't free the Bonjour. The Sharing Pref is still grayed out, as it this it is still handled by WGM

I work with since 1978 with Apple products. This Grayout Out is a bug and hasn't nothing to do with 2 2 times publishing of the bonjour name. (all other machines can also UNBIND with the WGM, but the Sharing Prefs Editor Option is Gray.

I am looking only for a solution where to find the iChat Libraries & Entries, who are responsible for this, after the Crash

Mar 1, 2015 8:16 PM in response to Gerard Dirks

I'm not sure I know what your question really is. I think you're using Messages over Bonjour, but I don't know what that has to do with OS X Server or WGM. If you're getting what seem to be inaccurate service discoveries, try restarting your router. I don't use WGM, and it's been deprecated for a long time. If it's somehow interfering with your ability to change the Bonjour name of your devices, that's not a problem I would know how to solve, except by not using WGM.

Mac publish itselfs 2 times after crash! How solve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.