Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!It shows that i am connected to my wifi but whenever I'm working online it says i don't have internet connection,Is this new iPad mini issue?Can somebody help me how to solve this problem

How come it shows that i am connected to internet but it didn't let me do anything online like browsing or simply log me in to my iCloud.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:52 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Mariashe26

First, presumably your WiFi network is connected to the Internet right? However, even if so, you may not really be connected to your WiFi network.

Your router may not have given your iPad a valid IP address. Go to Settings > Wifi > your network name and touch the "i" to the right to see the network details. If the IP address starts with 169 or is blank then your router didn't provide an IP address and you won't be able to access the Internet.

Sometimes the fix can be as simple as restarting your router (remove power for 30 seconds and restart). Do not reset your router. Next, reset network settings on your iPad (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) and then attempt to connect. In other cases it might be necessary to update the router's firmware with the latest from the manufacturer's support web pages.

If you need more help please give more details on your network, i.e., your router make, model and version, the wifi security being used (WEP, WPA, WPA2), etc.

Mar 1, 2015 7:19 AM in response to Mariashe26

I have macbook & iMac that is all connected to one network,and they all working fine.I just notice this iPad mini couple of days ago and i never have this issue before.It also acts weird whenever I'm trying to log in to my iCloud.Like what happen to my iPhone before,It always says INVALID PASSWORD but what exactly is trying to say is that I AM NOT CONNECTED to internet.

So i did reset,forget this network and follow some dude thru internet.Hope all this remedy works.

Thanks

Maria Soyoso

Help!It shows that i am connected to my wifi but whenever I'm working online it says i don't have internet connection,Is this new iPad mini issue?Can somebody help me how to solve this problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.