Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use iWork for iCloud: unable to upgrade to iCloud Drive

since upgrading my two macs and my two iPads to Yosemite and iOS 8 and then activating iCloud dribe, I can't no longer use iWork apps. Every time I try to open one iWork app they prompt a message to upgrade to iCloud drive, but it never ends and shows me an error message and try again later option. I've been trying for 15 days, and always returns the same error.

but the most annoying thing is that I use iCloud Drive in my macs and iPads, and also can access to iCloud Drive online.

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 5:25 AM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Sorro2

Hey Sorro2,

I understand you are now using iCloud Drive, but when you try to open an iWork app, you are getting an error message. Take a look at the resource below, which explains how to confirm what version of the iWork app is being accessed to open a document. It sounds like you may need to change a setting for the Pages, Numbers or Keynote file in the Applications folder.

Upgrade notification message when opening an iWork document - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203140

If this does not resolve your issue, please reply to this post with more information and I'll do what I can to help.

Regards,

- Judy

Mar 2, 2015 9:09 AM in response to judysings

Sorry, my explanation was not very precise...

The problem only occurs when accessing iWork applications inside SAFARI on a mac or GOOGLE CHROME on a windows machine. It's a problem with the iCloud applications. The mac and iOS applications work as expected.

Also, I can access iCloud Drive inside Safari and Google Chrome.

Mar 2, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Sorro2

Hey Sorro2,

So, you are saying that if you go to www.icloud.com, and sign in with your Apple ID and password, then click on an iWork app like Pages, that you are getting the error message?

Is is possible that you are signing in with a different Apple ID than the one you used to purchase the iWork apps?

At this point, I would suggest you contact one of our technical advisors to see if they can access your iCloud account and see what is happening with iWork for iCloud beta applications.

Click on the link below to initiate that service.

http://www.apple.com/support/iwork-for-icloud/contact/

- Judy

Can't use iWork for iCloud: unable to upgrade to iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.