Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to combine ipad and iphone backups/library

Hi,

I have a PC laptop with itunes. I have used this for to manage my iPhone and my iPad, mostly just for backup and manually adding Audiobooks - I pretty much manage everything else directly on the devices (Spotify for music, podcasts etc)

I bought a new MacBook Air and had intended on transferring my itunes to that. However before I could do that, my iPhone was stolen and I bought a new iPhone 6. I went ahead and set that up as a new device using the new Macbook Air. I couldn't use my old iphone backup as I had forgotten my backup password and there is no password recovery for this (shame on Apple but that's another story)

In hindsight I realise I made a mistake and should have either moved the iPad to the new Air first, or associated the new iphone with the old PC and moved them both together.

So, now I am in the position of having my ipad associated with itunes on my pc and my iphone associated with the itunes on my mac. The PC is on its last legs and needs to go, so I have to move my ipad to the mac, however I'm unsure of how to do this. In the past I've moved backups to a new computer before, however this is merging - I dont want to replace the itunes data on the mac (iphone) with the data I'll be moving from the PC (ipad). And I really don't want to have to start fresh with the iPad as a new device.

Is it possible to somehow use iCloud to do this. I will admit I still don't understand exactly how iCloud works

Thoughts?

Kathleen

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 2:12 AM

There are no replies.

How to combine ipad and iphone backups/library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.