Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've had two emails with order ID numbers that i haven't purchased. Am i being scammed? I've checked my credit card bill and nothing thankfully has been charged. I've changed my itunes password.Do itunes send emails like this?

I have had 2 emails sent from Itune store with order numbers for games that have been downloaded and charged to a credit card. Only they haven't. I'm presuming this is a scam to get me to click on the link. I've changed my apple ID and password. Is this the kind of email that Itunes would send?

null-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 3:40 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 3:44 AM in response to angelafromauchterarder

Emails from Apple will be addressed to you by name, and will come from an apple.com domain (though this can be forged). Any links can be checked by hovering over the link when a tooltip should show the actual URL - in scam emails this is usually clearly not an Apple address.

If something was actually purchased from your account you would indeed get a confirmation email. If you have a question about this you should contact iTunes Support directly. Go to https://getsupport.apple.com . Click 'See all products and services', then ' 'iTunes', and then 'iTunes Store', then 'Purchases, Billing & Redemption'.

I've had two emails with order ID numbers that i haven't purchased. Am i being scammed? I've checked my credit card bill and nothing thankfully has been charged. I've changed my itunes password.Do itunes send emails like this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.