Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are photos stored in iPhoto 11 version 9.4.3

Where are photos stored in iPhoto 11 version 9.4.3? I'm running an iMac 10.7.5. In 'all files - images' I have 9779 images. iPhoto says I have 29195 photos and 168 videos. Maybe there area lots of duplicates! in Finder-pictures, I do not have an iPhoto library. So where are these images located on my hard drive?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 5:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 6:12 AM in response to briansamazing123

Logical inconsistency there:

All Images says: you have 9779 images

iPhoto says: you have 29k... Surely the problem is with All Images, no?

In truth these 'All Images" searches are stupid and a bit pointless as they tell you nothing of the context of an image. Ignore it, really.

Do you see duplicates in the iPhoto Window? If not then you don't have a duplicate issue.

The iPhoto Library contains all the photos you have added to it. By default that's in your Pictures Folder. If it's not there you can find its location by right-clicking on the word iPhoto in the window top:

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2015 7:54 AM in response to briansamazing123

You do not handle duplicated using the finder so you do not look for o fid then in the finder - you must NEVER make any changes of any sort to the structure or content of iphoto library

You only delete them using iPhoto - programs like iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - or Duplicate Annihilator are good at identifying the duplicates

LN

Mar 1, 2015 8:54 AM in response to briansamazing123

These applications will identify and help remove duplicate photos from an iPhoto Library:

iPhoto Library Manager - $29.95

PhotoSweeper - $9.95 - This app can search by comparing the image's bitmaps or histograms thus finding duplicates with different file names and dates.

Duplicate Annihilator - $7.95 - only app able to detect duplicate thumbnail files or faces files when an iPhoto 8 or earlier library has been imported the library.

DeCloner - $19.95 - can find duplicates in iPhoto Libraries or in folders on the HD.

DupliFinder - $7 - shows which events the photos are in.

iPhoto AppleScript to Remove Duplicates - Free

PhotoDedupo - $4.99 (App Store) - this app has a "similar" search feature which is like PhotoSweeper's bitmap comparison. It found all duplicates

Duplicate Cleaner for iPhoto - free - was able to recognize the duplicated HDR and normal files from an iPhone shooting in HDR

Some users have reported that PhotoSweeper did the best in finding all of the dups in their library: iphoto has duplicated many photos, how...: Apple Support Communities.

If you have an iPhone and have it set to keep the normal photo when shooting HDR photos the two image files that are created will be duplicates in a manner of speaking (same image) but there are only twp apps that detected the iPhone HDR and normal photos as being duplicates: PhotoSweeper and Duplicate Cleaner for iPhoto. None of the other apps detected those two files as being duplicates as they look for file name as well as other attributes and the two files from the iPhone have different file names.

iPLM, however, is the best all around iPhoto utility as it can do so much more than just find duplicates. IMO it's a must have tool if using iPhoto.

User uploaded file

where are photos stored in iPhoto 11 version 9.4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.