Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to sell my I pad 3 . How can I cncel my older Apple ID

i want to sell my I pad 3 , what changes should I do before selling?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 5:23 AM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2015 5:39 AM in response to Sk61

FIrst, you would not cancel your AppleID or create a new one when you get a new device - use the same AppleID and your information, purchases and backups will be available to you on a new device.

However, you will need to remove your ICloud account from the device. First, make sure you have a backup either on iCloud or in iTunes. Go to Settings - iCloud. Turn off Find My IPhone/iPad . Sign out of the iCloud account completely, then under General - Reset, use "Erase all content and settings". The iPad should restart and prompt to be set up as a new device (when it reboots, it should not ask for your AppleID login).

Matt

I want to sell my I pad 3 . How can I cncel my older Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.