Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there anyone from germany help

Hallo habe Iphone 6 ohne PC installiert- gestartet

jetzt möchte ich Musik hochladen - aber der PC Windows ITunes möchte iphone neu konfigurieren oder aus backup herstellen möchte ich beides nicht

habe aber ein icloud backup gemacht. -wie kann ich iphone in iTunes registrieren???😕

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 4:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 5:47 AM in response to Smaus27

here is the Google Translate for Smaus27post:

Hi I started 6 Iphone without a PC installed-

now I want to upload music - but the PC Windows ITunes would like iphone reconfigure or restore from backup. I do not want both

but have an iCloud backup made. - How can I register the iphone in iTunes?

Hello, Smaus27

A couple of things while you are waiting on someone to answer regarding registering your iPhone in iTunes:

You don't move music to the iCloud. The iCloud keeps a listing of your iTunes purchases.

From Apple:

"When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage for Mail, Backup, iCloud Photo Library beta, and iCloud Drive. Your purchased music, movies, apps, books, TV shows, and shared albums don’t count against that free storage."

So even if you bought 100 GB of songs, it would be no problem with a 5GB iCloud account.

iCloud can also track your non iTunes music via iTunes Match, allowing you to listen to those tracks - assuming they are .

From Apple: "Here’s how it works: When you purchase items from the iTunes Store, they’re stored in iCloud and downloaded immediately to any of your computers and devices that are connected to the Internet and set up to use iCloud.

If you subscribe to iTunes Match, you can store your entire iTunes music library in iCloud—including songs you imported from CDs and purchased from places other than the iTunes Store—and play those songs on any of your computers or devices whenever you want."

Also from Apple regarding iTunes Match:"iTunes determines which songs in your collection are available in the iTunes Store. Any music with a match is automatically added to iCloud for you to listen to anytime, on any device. Since there are more than 43 million songs in the iTunes Store, chances are your music is already in iCloud.3 And for the few songs that aren’t, iTunes uploads what it can’t match (which is much faster than uploading your entire music library). Even better, all the music iTunes matches plays back from iCloud at 256-Kbps AAC DRM-free quality — even if your original copy was of lower quality."

is there anyone from germany help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.