Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get an album onto any devices from mac

Got a new album directly from an artist's site, as they had it as a fan promotion.

It's great, and imported into iTunes on my mac, no problem. But I can't get it onto the iPhone or iPad. I tried making a playlist, ruled off match and did a manual sync, turned match back on. Nothing works; it's as if it doesn't exist. Anyone have any ideas? It's really annoying.

itunes 12.1.05

iphone 5s

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:03 AM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Adrien12

Hey Adrien12,

I understand you are having trouble getting a song you downloaded from an artist's website to your iTunes library synced to your iPhone.

Rather than turning iTunes Match off, have you tried to manually update iTunes Match with this new music?

Click on the link below for complete details, and then give this particular step a try:

How to troubleshoot iTunes Match - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4054

Songs appear to be missing

Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) might not appear in iCloud, or might appear grayed out. This can occur if your computer is not authorized to play that content. Try authorizing your computer, then manually update iTunes Match. To determine what Apple ID your computer needs to be authorized for to play a specific song:

1. Locate and select the song in your iTunes library.
  2. Choose File > Get Info.
  3. In the Summary tab, locate the Account Name field in the right column. Write it down.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Choose Store > Authorize this Computer.
  6. Type in the account name from the Summary field and enter its password. Click Authorize.
  7. Choose Store > Update iTunes Match.

Cheers,

Judy

can't get an album onto any devices from mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.