Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security number was correct but still showing "Security number invalid"

Few hours ago, I'm trying to purchase Cytus which cost 1.99 USD

Then, I decide to use VISA for the payment. After filling in the information of my credit card and click “Done"

It shows that my security number was invalid.

And what really confuses me is, I receive a message from the bank and it says that 1.99 USD were being paid for online marketing.

But I can't even download the game!!!

It also was not showing in Purchase history

It still show as USD 1.99

Please help!!

Sorry for bad english.

iPad Air, null

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 7:11 AM in response to steelix0412

For the security code error, does the name and address on your account match the name and address that your credit card is registered to : iTunes Store: My credit card's security code or zip code does not match my bank's records - Apple Support ?

For the $1.99, it's likely to be a temporary store holding charge, which your card issuer should remove within a few days or so : iTunes Store & Mac App Store: About payment card authorization holds - Apple Support

As with many other merchants, the iTunes Store and Mac App Store places an authorization hold on your payment card account for the approximate amount of any purchase you make. If you update your billing information, the iTunes Store or Mac App Store will place an authorization hold on your payment card account, usually in the amount of 1 USD or the local currency equivalent, to verify your account information.

Security number was correct but still showing "Security number invalid"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.