Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ISSUE WITH Apple Camera VendorID_0x106B ProductID_0x1570 MIRRORING...

I 'VE NOTICED AN UNREASONABLE ISSUE WITH MY FACE TIME HD CAMERA: WHEN TURNING IT ON, MY RIGHT SIDE IS NOT AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY IMAGE, AND THE SAME IS FOR LEFT SIDE... IMAGE WORKING IS NOT AN IMAGE REPRODUCING, BUT AN IMAGE MIRRORING... SAD TO BEE SEEN EVERY WRITTEN WORD ABOBE ME OR IN MY LOCATION REVERTED... AND I CARE THAT WHO SEES ME WILL SEE ME AS I AM, NOT AS A MIRROR IN MY HOME SHOWING ME... CONTACTED BY FEEDBACK APPLE SUPPORT, BUT WITH NO ANSWERING... DOES IT HAPPEN TO YOU TOO?

(caps lock used for job-must...).

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), upgrading to yosemite...

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:28 AM

6 replies

Mar 21, 2015 12:51 AM in response to FERRARA ROSARIO.

I have the same issue, even the writing on my shirt is backwards. It's like looking into a mirror when you look at the picture being taken.Or see yourself on screen. I have an Mac PRO mid 2014 and use the camera program "FaceTime". The camera I used is on the lid of the laptop built in. it's the same thing if I use the monitor built-in camera also.

Doesn't Microsoft have people smart enough to remedy the problem?

brown_elvis

Mar 21, 2015 9:45 AM in response to FERRARA ROSARIO.

FERRARA ROSARIO. wrote:... I CARE THAT WHO SEES ME WILL SEE ME AS I AM, NOT AS A MIRROR... DOES IT HAPPEN TO YOU TOO?

THE EFFECT IS THE SAME FOR ALL OF US WHEN WE ARE USING AN APP THAT IS INTENDED TO SHOW US HOW WE LOOK.

THE MIRROR IMAGE IN THE PREVIEW THAT YOU SEE IS BY DESIGN AND IS NORMAL FOR MAC APPS THAT LET US SEE OURSELVES. WE ARE SO ACCUSTOMED TO SEEING OURSELVES ONLY IN A MIRROR THAT WE LOOK STRANGE TO OURSELVES WHEN WE ARE NOT MIRROR-IMAGED. YOUR IMAGE IS NOT REVERSED TO THOSE WITH WHOM YOU CHAT.

SOME APPS DON'T WORK THIS WAY. IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION SEE MY ANSWER AT HTTP://DISCUSSIONS.APPLE.COM/MESSAGE/27863619#27863619

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.2

ISSUE WITH Apple Camera VendorID_0x106B ProductID_0x1570 MIRRORING...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.