Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage isn't working after password change

I just changed my password for my iCloud account and now iMessage won't work on my laptop. This is a critical tool for me to use with clients - especially those without iPhones.

Can someone explain how to make that work again?

Thank you!

iMessage-OTHER, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:28 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 9:26 AM in response to scad_mfa

Howdy scad_mfa,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’re running into issues sending and receiving iMessages on your notebook after changing the password for your iCloud account. The article linked below will walk you through the process of updating the Apple ID information used by Messages and other Apple services on your devices.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later

Open the Messages app, select Messages > Preferences, then click the Accounts icon.

• If you're signed out, click Accounts and sign in with your updated Apple ID or password.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, click Accounts, then select your Apple ID from the list of accounts. Click Sign Out, then click Sign Out again when asked to confirm. Sign in with your updated Apple ID or password.

Take care,

-Jason

iMessage isn't working after password change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.