Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is completely missing from settings.

The Mail icon suddenly disappeared from my Ipad Mini. The Mail Settings category is completely missing within the General Setting screen as well. How don't I restore the settings?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 7:19 AM

Hi Mikenal,

You don't need to reset or erase and restore original settings - or do anything drastic like that! All you need to do is go to the App store and download the Mail app again. I did that and it restored my mail icon and the mail category in Settings - and now I can send mail Photos again directly from my Photo app. (As a point of interest, I certainly did NOT delete my Mail icon accidentally or otherwise - it just disappeared with the last upgrade).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2017 7:19 AM in response to Mikenal

Hi Mikenal,

You don't need to reset or erase and restore original settings - or do anything drastic like that! All you need to do is go to the App store and download the Mail app again. I did that and it restored my mail icon and the mail category in Settings - and now I can send mail Photos again directly from my Photo app. (As a point of interest, I certainly did NOT delete my Mail icon accidentally or otherwise - it just disappeared with the last upgrade).

Mar 2, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Mikenal

Hi Mikenal,

If you are having issues with your iPad's Mail application being missing from your applications as well as from Settings, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPad -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPad as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Mail is completely missing from settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.