Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes in French? - Big Hero Six

I bought a blu-ray copy of Disney's Big 6 with a Digital copy. I downloaded the digital copy from iTunes. The movie plays in english, but the title in my library is in French. So is the description of the movie. So Big Hero Six in my library is filed under, Les Nouveaux Heros. How do I get it to be in english? Yes I'm in Canada, but I have never downloaded a french movie......I live in Saskatchewan.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:37 AM

Select/highlight the film in the Movies part of your library and press control-I (for 'get-info'), and you should be able edit its title on the popup.

Similarly you can change the film's description via the same popup. The description of the film on the English titled version of the film in the Canadian store is :

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Big Hero 6, an action-comedy adventure about brilliant robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his closest companion – a robot named Baymax – Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2015 9:37 AM in response to tk827

Select/highlight the film in the Movies part of your library and press control-I (for 'get-info'), and you should be able edit its title on the popup.

Similarly you can change the film's description via the same popup. The description of the film on the English titled version of the film in the Canadian store is :

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Big Hero 6, an action-comedy adventure about brilliant robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his closest companion – a robot named Baymax – Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.

Mar 3, 2015 6:58 AM in response to tk827

Same thing here.

According to iTunes Store Support Senior Advisor, the redemption code worked as expected. The problem lies in the redemption code provided by Disney Movies and suggested to contact Disney Consumer Products Support:

https://ebizsec.disney.com/ebizsecurity/contactus/contactus.htm?Locale=en

The support email I received from iTunes also mentioned that they had been contacted by some customers requesting the movie redeemed be in English, so it seems it is affecting others as well. Also, I purchased 3 copies of the Big Hero 6 Bluray combo and all 3 iTunes redeem codes downloaded the movie with French title and description. The movie has both English and French audio tracks.

I have contacted Disney Consumer Products Support and awaiting response.

Mar 11, 2015 2:14 AM in response to _masaki

I've contacted iTunes Support about this as well. First response "offered" an unacceptable solution to me: Change the audio track to English.

I responded saying that was unacceptable. So, they passed me off to somebody else. The next person then pointed the finger at the content provider, just like your Senior Advisor did, but also added that the content provider only made the French version of the film available in the Canadian iTunes Store (which itself is wrong, as I can easily locate the English of it in the Canadian iTunes Store.) So, that was the end of my patience. It's never a nice experience to be given the run-around and excuses.

I have already changed the cover art, and metadata of the title, which does nothing to resolve the issue with the subtitles, unfortunately. The only option for subtitles is "French", because it is the French version of the movie. That, of course, does nothing to deal with the fact that if I ever have to download it again, or want to view it from my iPad via iCloud, I have to look for the French version in my list of movies, and go through this whole process again (because changing the metadata in your local iTunes library does not change it in your list of purchased items in your iTunes Account.) It will be an ongoing annoyance from now on.

I will not be surprised at all to find out that Disney will turn around and point the finger right back at Apple.

Not expecting any resolution at all to this issue at this point, as I have been forced to do what the first support rep suggested ... suck it up and deal with it. Just chiming in here to say that I am another one of the affected users, and to recount what my experience was like trying to get it resolved.

Mar 11, 2015 4:44 PM in response to cc45

FIXED. Got new redeem code from Disney and it's all good.

Call Disney Movie Anywhere Support at 1-888-877-2843 (Canada) Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST. You will need to have the Bluray movie handy.

NOTE

Additional info for people saying it is just French title and description and movie is still in English:

You do not get English subtitle in the French version. Some people might NEED / WANT English subtitle.

iTunes in French? - Big Hero Six

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.