Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen ending/finishing a Presentation

Hello! Something is making me very mad. I use Keynote to create movies to use inside my interactive books.

I create a small animation with music using Adobe Flash and exporting as .mov. So I open Keynote, use a small picture as background and paste the movie created by Adobe Flash.

So I export movie again, now using Keynote.

At the end of the movie created by Keynote, we have a black screen during seconds. Necessary import again, using iMovie and cut this part.

Why Keynote don't have an option as "Finish the presentation after the end of the movie included"? Simple as that!

Someone knows a better solution?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:17 AM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 4:08 AM in response to MiriamBR

At the end of the movie created by Keynote, we have a black screen

Does your original video file contain black at the end? I can't replicate this black in the video when exporting.

My Method

1 open new project in Keynote

2 place video on slide, the video has no black at the end only picture

3 export > Quicktime

video plays with no black at start or end

Another important limitation: Keynote Don't permit any audio management - as fade out, for example.

Keynote has no facility to add a fade out audio, you will need to do this when creating the original video.

Black Screen ending/finishing a Presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.