Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garageband for dummies

I am having trouble using Garageband and finding useful resources on the web. Basically I am looking to cut some songs (have it start halfway through, then end 10 sec later-basically trying to put together a power hour type playlist), but I cannot figure out how to have the song start and end for the timeframe i want, then save it. I have tried Googling "how to edit songs in Garageband 10.0.3" but everything is very confusing and outdated. I never used Garageband before and am about to give up due to the lack of understanding on my part. Does any one have any good resources for a step-by-step guide to cutting these songs? Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:00 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 10:00 AM in response to callietsullivan

• Set the LED display to show the time instead of beats and measures.
  • Drag one of the songs you want to cut from the Media Browser > Music view to the track area.
  • Position the crosshair, where you want the song to start and use the command ⌘T to cut the region.
  • Delete the cut off beginning of the song from the track.
  • Then the crosshair, where you want the song to end and use the command ⌘T to cut the region. Delete the den of the song.
  • If you want to fade out the song use "Mix > Fade out":

Now share the song to iTunes or your disk using the Share menu.

User uploaded file

garageband for dummies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.