Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I take full advantage of iMac 5K in FCPX

Hi,

I am going to buy an iMac 5K to take advantage of its 4K capabilities as I am buying a new sony 4K camera.

How should I set up the iMac and FCPX to take full advantage of the high resolution.

Thanks,

Tareq

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Running Windows 7 on Boot Camp

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:03 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Tareg

T I'm going to step out and offer a rather radical suggestion. Please understand that 4K files are enormous, they are beyond giant size in terms of computer resources needed to process files in a timely, predictable manner. You'll need the most RAM you can get etc. I don't believe you're going to get the best results with an iMac. I think you be far better off holding out for a few extra months and saving up for the Mac Pro. You really need to processing power that the Mac Pro has versus the iMac in order to process those 4K files. Final Cut X Will perform terrifically for you but it needs the hardware to be able to accommodate 4K.please think about it... Best wishes.

How can I take full advantage of iMac 5K in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.