Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email notifications not working on iphone 5 in locked mode

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:50 AM

11 replies

Mar 1, 2015 8:00 AM in response to molepp

If you mean you're not getting notifications on your email when the screen is turned off, it sounds like the phone is in DND mode. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb, and make sure "Manual" is set to Off. Also, you can check Settings > Notification > Mail, and make sure that Alerts > Show in Notification Center and Show on Lock Screen are turned on.

Mar 1, 2015 11:21 AM in response to ZikzakCorp

Hi, well I have been on chat line with Apple for hours today on this issue, finally being directed to a Senior Advisor. The problem, after working through all the settings on my iphone since updating to 8.1.3, was in Settings, Mail, Accounts and Fetch New Data. One of my email addresses (the one I use all the time) had not got mail attached to it and manually fetch mail was selected and now it is ok, having added a new account to include the email address and fetch email every 15 minutes. So all sorted now. Thank you for your help anyway. Much appreciated.

Mar 1, 2015 11:21 AM in response to molepp

Hi, well I have been on chat line with Apple for hours today on this issue, finally being directed to a Senior Advisor. The problem, after working through all the settings on my iphone since updating to 8.1.3, was in Settings, Mail, Accounts and Fetch New Data. One of my email addresses (the one I use all the time) had not got mail attached to it and manually fetch mail was selected and now it is ok, having added a new account to include the email address and fetch email every 15 minutes. So all sorted now. Thank you for your help anyway. Much appreciated.

Mar 1, 2015 11:22 AM in response to dilbert41

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.