Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport extreme DMZ/ Default Host PS4

Hey,

I'm trying to get rid of some lag putting my airport extreme to DMZ mode or Default Host as airport utility calls it. I have set up a static IP Address on my PS4 and enabled default host on my AE router for that IP, but I still get NAT Type 2 on my PS4 and quite a bit of lag. I have as a secondary measure opened up a whole lot of ports in port settings, sadly I cannot find a way to enable a range of ports, because a lot of guides online say that you open port say A, B and C and then D - G.

So my questions are, is there anything else you need to do than enable default host to get open NAT type? And is there a way to verify that it is indeed working?

Is there any way to open a range of ports in port settings?

Thanks for any assistance in advance!

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 10:03 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Philip Aa.

Unfortunately, just placing your PS4 in a DMZ/Default Host, with an Apple router, will not guarantee that it will give you a less restrictive NAT type. Most game consoles manufacturers do not recommend Apple routers. I believe it is primarily because these routers do not support uPNP.

You can select a range of port by using a hyphen between the port values, as you have shown as "D - G." Note: However do not include any spaces between the hyphen.

Airport extreme DMZ/ Default Host PS4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.