Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not configurate time-capsule failure key 25307

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), time_capsule

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:51 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Andreas_G.

We need more info.

What model is the TC?

If it is a new one, you cannot configure it from Snow Leopard which is the OS listed in your profile.

Please do use iOS version airport utility as it is easier and more reliable than the one in latest Mac OS. So if you have iphone/ipad just download the utility and have a go.

Reset the TC to factory and try again.

Mar 2, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Andreas_G.

Sorry but you are caught in the perfect Catch 22.

You cannot configure the TC without an OS upgrade.. there is no way you can use the current airport utility and you cannot install the new one.

You cannot upgrade until you backup your computer to the TC.

As with all conundrums.. you need to break out of the cycle.

Invite a friend with a Mac laptop running at least lion or an ipad/iphone (ipad is a lot easier with the bigger screen) to help you configure the TC so you can do the backup so you can upgrade the OS.

Or buy a USB hard disk and plug that directly into the Mac.

Do a TM backup to it.. but let me recommend you also do a clone of the existing hard disk.

You can do an image of the disk using disk utility.. but Carbon Copy Cloner or superduper can do a bootable clone.. you can just use the one month trial if you don't want to pay for it.. but they work much better than TM in Yosemite.. so worth a think about anyway.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.