Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Bulk Mail" folder in Yahoo web account

My Yahoo IMAP mail account is set up in Apple Mail (7.1). I see Sent, Inbox, Bulk, Trash folders, all the usual, in Apple Mail.

When I use a web browser to look at my Yahoo mail account there is no Bulk Mail folder there.

In Apple Mail, Many messages are going into the Bulk Mail folder that I want, instead, to go to the Trash folder. There are never any good messages in there so rather than having to move 20-50 messages to the Trash folder every day I'd rather they go in there automatically. (Please don't comment on this action I do every day--it's part of my routine I have no time to explain.)

2 Question:

- Why is there no Bulk Mail folder in my Yahoo web mail account? Is this abnormal (should I see a Bulk Mail folder in Yahoo web mail?)? And can I create one there? How?

- What is the mechanism Yahoo uses to put messages in the Bulk Mail folder? (I have no Filters in Yahoo web mail--or Apple Mail--set up to do such filtering to a Bulk Mail folder if it existed).

Thank you.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 8:54 AM

There are no replies.

No "Bulk Mail" folder in Yahoo web account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.