Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can photos on iCloud be moved into an album

I have a group of photos in iCloud which I would like in one album there for a limited time and which can later be deleted.

Is there a way to move individual photos into an album in the cloud?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), editing videos

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 8:57 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 10:52 AM in response to pguer

Please explain in more detail. how you are storing your photos in iCloud. There are so many different ways to use iCloud with photos.

Are you photos in My Photo Stream, in Shared Albums, in iCloud Photo Library (Beta)? Are you using iCloud with iPhoto or Aperture on your Mac, or with the Photos.app on a mobile device? Sorry, your question is not quite clear to me.

Mar 1, 2015 2:47 PM in response to pguer

The photos have been uploaded from my iPhone 5 to iCloud photos beta.

O.K., so your photos are already in your iCloud Photo Library (Beta) and thus, stored in iCloud.

You can create an album from them in Photos on an iPhone, iPad with iOS 8, but such an album would just group your photos and not add any safety, since an album only references the photos that are already in iCloud.

Your Mac can only access iCloud Photo Library (Beta) and download the photos using the iCloud Photos (Beta).app on the page: https://www.icloud.com, unless you are a Beta tester for the Mac Photos.app.

You can however create an additional Shared album by sharing the photos using the Photos.app on one of your iOS devices, see: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

can photos on iCloud be moved into an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.