Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a secondary apple id from my Mac? I am being prompted for a apple id password for a former user; I do not have the information. Prevents updates from App Store.

How do I remove a secondary Apple ID that is not in use from my MacBook pro? The ID does not belong to me and when I attempt to download updates from App Store with my Apple ID, I am prompted for the password of the secondary Apple ID.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:27 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Ilianaleoni

Is this a second hand Mac? If so, you need to erase the Mac and install the version of OS X that shipped installed on the Mac from the factory. Then you set the Mac up as new with your Apple ID.

User Linc Davis explains how a new owner can prepare a 2nd hand Mac for their own use.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6087156?answerId=25468326022#25468326022

How do I remove a secondary apple id from my Mac? I am being prompted for a apple id password for a former user; I do not have the information. Prevents updates from App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.