Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i import photos from iphoto 9.2.3 to 9.6

I am migrating from a 2009 ibook to a Macbook pro 13.3 retina. How can can I import photos from iPhoto 9.2.3 library to the 9.6 iPhoto.

I am running 10.6.8 snow leopard on the ibook which has 4Gb of memory.

I tried but it just loaded icons to the 9.6 library.

I am reluctant to go to Yosimite on the ibook and it seems this would not solve it anyway.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:10 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Lqgozac

You don't import one library to another. Just copy the library from the iBook to the Pictures folder on shout new MacBook Pro. If you have another library already on the MBP rename it so you don't overwrite it with the old library.

Launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and select the newly copied library and let iPhoto convert it to the new version.

Do you have photos in the library on the new MacBook Pro that you want to combine with the older library?

User uploaded file

how can i import photos from iphoto 9.2.3 to 9.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.