Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 bluetooth Hotspot in Win7 Bootcamp.

Tethering with a Macbook Pro, from an Iphone 5 via Bluetooth:

I was lucky enough to be referred to an expert in the States with this problem; who really knew his stuff and managed to get me tethering. When tethering over Lion the Micro USB connection does not work, so one must go through the Bluetooth; the wireless works; but is really sketchy. Bluetooth works quickest and best.

I have the Hotspot setup in Mac and am able to tether properly. This was working in Windows 7 via Bootcamp too; however the Hotspot connection must be active in Mac, then restart into Windows.

I stupidly deleted the Iphone Bluetooth connection in Win7 via the Control Panel area. I am now unable to find the Iphone in Win7.

Actions Taken:

1. I tried Windows Updates;
  2. I tried downloading the latest from Bootcamp onto MS-DOS FAT USB. Loaded this up in Win7 and can't seem to see how to update from this USB or anything like that so can't see any benefit from here.

Anyone know what I need to do? It is possible as I had it working perfectly before I was stupid. I would also like to know what the problem is so I learn from it.

Regards

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:40 AM

1 reply

Iphone 5 bluetooth Hotspot in Win7 Bootcamp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.