Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.6, Apple TV and Lightroom problem

I am unable to see some of my pictures on my Apple TV (3rd generation). I am using iPhoto 9.6. The photos that are not viewable were all edited in Lightroom 5.

I can see the images in iPhoto. Albums with these images show an accurate count.

In iTunes / Home Sharing / Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV, the same albums with the Lightroom edited images have an image count of zero.

Help please ...

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 9:35 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 6:02 AM in response to David Ris

Larry,

Thank you for response. I use Lightroom to edit my photos. They are saved as JPEGs and then imported into iPhoto.

I use my iPhoto library as my ATV screensaver.

As I said in my post, the lightroom edited photos are viewable in iPhoto. Just not on the ATV.

You point on posting in an ATV forum is on target. I'm assuming that I would reach more photo savvy responders in this forum, but may repost in an ATV forum..

Thanks again.

David

Mar 7, 2015 11:56 AM in response to David Ris

Solved this one.

Apparently, there is a lag between the time when photos are added to iPhoto, and when they are made available on the ATV. I don't know the length of the lag, or if there is some sort of triggering event (such as the ATV going in and out of sleep mode).

The photos that I imported into iPhoto a week ago (prior to my earlier post), are now viewable on my Apple TV.

I imported a batch of new pictures into iPhoto this morning, and an hour plus later, they are still not viewable on the Apple TV.

I will update if I determine the lag/triggering event.

iPhoto 9.6, Apple TV and Lightroom problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.